- Line Abreast - four Thunderbirds F-16s with white smoke trails, seen from below left under clear blue sunny June sky in line abreast formation. Picture by USAF.
- Diamond - four Thunderbirds F-16s in diamond formation flying overhead with long white smoke trails, seen from below under clear blue sunny sky. Picture by Kenji Thuloweit, USAF.
- High Bomb Burst - four Thunderbirds F-16s with white smoke trails perform the High Bomb Burst as they split their diamond formation to four directions at the end of a climb into the clear blue sky, seen from below. Picture by Bobby Cummings, USAF.
- Four and One - four Thunderbirds F-16s in diamond formation with smoke trails pass overhead as a 5th Thunderbird F-16 with smoke trail is crossing their path in the opposite direction, seen from below on a clear sunny day. Picture by Jason Wiese, USAF.
- Over Crater Lake - six Thunderbirds F-16s in a rolled right delta formation with white smoke trails fly over Crater Lake, Oregon, seen from above right. Picture by Christopher Boitz, USAF.
- Delta Burst - the Thunderbirds aerobatics team perform their Delta Burst maneuver just as they pass above under clear blue sky. Picture by James Thompson, USAF.
- Tail to tail 1 - two Thunderbirds F-16s in a precise tail to tail inverted Calypso Pass formation under sunlit clear blue sky. Picture by Robert M. Trujillo, USAF.
- Mirror Formation - two Thunderbirds F-16s fly a precise belly to belly mirror image formation, seen from left. Picture by Chris Willis, USAF.
- Overhead Solo Pass - a Thunderbirds F-16 makes a very low overhead pass, rolled left, and the pilot is looking down at the photographer. Picture by Robbin Cresswell, USAF.
- Head-on Pass - two Thunderbirds F-16s in a close head-on pass, looking as if they will collide. Picture by Ian Hoachlander, USAF.
- Loop Bottom - six Thunderbirds F-16s in a tight formation with white smoke trails under clear blue sky, seen from below left near the bottom of their loop maneuver. Picture by Claude Lazzara, USAF.
- Inverted overhead - six USAF Thunderbirds F-16s in arrowhead formation, with contrails, inverted overhead at the top of a loop under deep blue sky, heading diagonally to the top left of the picture. Picture by Jerilyn Quintanilla, USAF.
- Arrowhead loop - four F-16s of the USAF Thunderbirds aerobatics team dive down in arrowhead formation after making a loop. Picture by Michael R. Holzworth, USAF.
- Tail to tail 2 - close up of two Thunderbirds F-16s in a precise tail-to-tail formation, looking as if their tails touch, seen from left. Picture by David Armer, USAF.
- Thunderbirds Solo - close up of a single Thunderbirds F-16 Falcon, seen from below with afterburner under clear blue sky. Picture by Justin D. Pyle, USAF.
- Echelon Pass - four Thunderbirds F-16s perform a low altitude echelon pass in a very tight formation under clear blue sky. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- Tail to tail 3 - two Thunderbirds F-16 jets in inverted Calypso formation, one inverted over the other, their tails almost touching each other. Picture by Bennie J. Davis III, USAF.
- Thunderbirds overhead - four F-16 Fighting Falcons from the Thunderbirds aerobatics team fly diagonally overhead in diamond formation with smoke trails. Picture by Joe Zuccaro, USAF.
- Arrowhead fly over - six Thunderbirds F-16 fighters in an arrowhead formation making a low fly over with white smoke trails. Picture by Michael Frye, USAF.
- Arrowhead - four Thunderbirds F-16s in an Arrowhead formation, with white wingtip contrails overwing turbulence and smoke release, over deep blue purple sky background. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- 800 mph head-on - two Thunderbirds F-16s closely passing each other head-on at a closing speed of 800 mph. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- Mirror Reflection - two Thunderbirds F-16s in a close formation, looking as if they are connected belly to belly, or as if one is the mirror reflection of the other. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- Delta formation - six Thunderbirds F-16s about to pass overhead in a triangular Delta formation, with white smoke trails. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- Takeoff - close-up of Thunderbirds F-16s taking off in formation, with their jet wash blurring the tree line in the background. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- High Altitude - the six Thunderbirds F-16s in a tight formation high above the white clouds, over a deep blue sky background. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- Grand Teton - the six Thunderbirds in a delta formation over the rugged brown snow patched summits of the Grand Teton Mountains. Picture by Justin Pyle, USAF.
- Lake Powell - the six Thunderbirds in a delta formation over Lake Powell, seen from above. Picture by Kevin Gruenwald, USAF.
- Death Valley - four Thunderbirds with thick white smoke contrails in a tight formation over Death Valley, seen from front. Picture by Sean White, USAF.
- Monument Valley - the six Thunderbirds banking left in a tight delta formation with smoke trails over Monument Valley. Picture by Kevin Gruenwald, USAF.
- 1950's Thunderbirds - a 1950's picture of four Thunderbirds F-84F Thunderstreak jets in a tight diamond formation releasing smoke at high altitude, seen from below and right from an escorting aircraft under clear deep blue sky. Picture by USAF.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Military Aircraft , Main page