- Black Widow Spider - close up of a black widow spider on its web, seen from above. The black widow's venom is 15 times stronger than that of a rattlesnake. Picture by USAF.
- Yellow Scorpion 1 - close up of a yellow scorpion, seen from left. Picture by R. Whittle, USAF.
- Mating Dragonflies - mating dragonflies, seen from above right.
- Blue Dragonfly - close up of a blue dragonfly, seen from front left, lit by the sun.
- Flower Beetles - close up of two white-spotted black flower beetles, busy with the yellow stamens of a white wild rose.
- Green Damselfly 1 - a green damselfly, seen from front left, standing on a stem with folded wings, lit by bright sun.
- Dragonfly water ripples - a multi-colored dragonfly stands on a round water lily leaf, smaller than itself, causing concentric ripples in the water around it. Picture by Mary Hollinger, NOAA.
- Brown Dragonfly - a brown striped dragonfly clinging to the top of a thin branch, seen from left. Picture by Mary Hollinger, NOAA.
- Tiny Shiny Beetle - a tiny but shiny purple and green beetle on a green leaf. Picture by Lev Glick.
- Twelve-Spot Skimmer - close up of a Twelve-Spot Skimmer dragonfly, seen from above. Picture by USFWS.
- Yellow Scorpion 2 - close up of a Yellow Scorpion. Picture by USFWS.
- Black Cricket - a shiny black cricket on a rock in a small natural pond.
- Monarch Caterpillar - a group of Monarch Caterpillars eating a large green leaf.
- Blue Damselfly - a blue damselfly standing on a thin branch over a stream.
- Green Damselfly 2 - a green damselfly standing on a green leaf of a bush at a river's bank.
- Red Dragonfly 1 - close up of a large red dragonfly standing on a branch over water.
- Red Dragonfly 2 - close up of a large red dragonfly standing on a branch over water, seen from left.
- Red Dragonfly 3 - close up of a large red dragonfly clinging to the top of a vertical green plant stem over water.
- Red Dragonfly 4 - another close up of this red dragonfly, from its other side.
- Green Shield Bug - a green shield bug on a Blackberry leaf, lit by the sun penetrating between the leaves.
- Fly 1 - a black fly with large red eyes standing on a green sunlit Blackberry leaf.
- Flies mating 1 - Two flies mating on a petal of a red Crown Anemone flower, lit by the morning sun.
- Flies mating 2 - Two flies mating on a petal of a red Crown Anemone flower, lit by the morning sun.
- Snail 1 - close up on a brown snail on a green leaf.
- Beetle 1 - close up on a tiny brown beetle walking between the sharp green thorns of a thistle.
- Ladybug 1 - a ladybug beetle on a large green leaf, both shining in the bright sun.
- Beetle 2 - a tiny green and orange beetle on a spherical purple thistle flower.
- Mantis - a green Mantis on a white wall, a flash photo.
- Green bug on Anemone - a little green bug on the black stamens at the center of a blossoming red Crown Anemone flower, lit by the morning sun.
- Green bug 1 - a green bug on a green leaf that is lit from behind by the sun.
- Green bug 2 - a green bug on a green leaf that is lit from behind by the sun, showing both the bug's body and its shadow on the leaf.
- Hornets mating 1 - two hornets mating on a thin branch.
- Hornets mating 2 - two hornets mating on a thin branch, looking from the side as if they were one hornet.
- Brown larvae - Many hairy brown larvae.
- Brown white larva - a close up on one hairy brown and white larva on a flower's stem.
- Ladybug 2 - close up of a ladybug on a brown dry flower, with some tiny grains of sea sand on it, lit by bright morning sun light.
- Big spider - a big long legged red brown spider with black belly on a blue plastic play shovel.
- Brown Spider - a big spider, dark and light brown and yellow, in the center of its almost invisible web. Picture by Natasha Morozov.
- Oriental Wasp 1 - a large brown Oriental Wasp (Vespa Orientalis) with yellow head, seen from front, standing on a yellow flower.
- Oriental Wasp 2 - a large brown Oriental Wasp, seen from front left, standing on a yellow flower, with the blue sky in the background.
- Dragonfly 1 - a dragonfly standing on stalk of wheat, seen from front right, looking like a tiny living helicopter.
- Dragonfly 2 - a dragonfly standing on the hat of the person next to the photographer.
- Dragonfly 3 - a dragonfly standing on stalk of wheat, seen from front below, with the blue sky in the background.
- Dragonfly 4 - a dragonfly standing on a stalk of wheat.
- Dragonfly 5 - a dragonfly standing on stalk of wheat, seen from below.
- Dragonfly 6 - a golden dragonfly standing on a stick, holding it with its four legs.
- Green Dragonfly - a green dragonfly. Picture by NOAA.
- Snail on leaf 1 - a close-up of a snail leaving a trail as it advances down a large green leaf.
- Snail on leaf 2 - a close-up of a snail hanging on a small green leaf, apparently eating it.
- Fly 2 - a shiny black fly standing on a white flower.
- Fly 3 - close-up of a fly standing on a white flower, seen from left.
- Snail 2 - a snail attached to a green celery leaf.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Animals , Main page