This page is dedicated to the astronauts who did not return.
- Hawaii - Hawaii, in the blue and partly cloudy Pacific ocean, seen from the International Space Station. Picture by NASA.
- Earthrise 1 - the blue and white Earth rising over the moon's horizon, seen from the Apollo 11 spacecraft in orbit around the moon. Picture by KSC.
- Apollo 11 Lunar Module - with a distant half-Earth over the horizon, the Lunar Module with astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin Jr. ascends to join the Apollo Command Module manned by Michael Collins, in order to return from the moon back to Earth. Picture by KSC.
- Shuttle Landing 1 - space shuttle Endeavour landing on a sunny day, seen from right, a moment after touchdown, with its nose wheel still high. Picture by Ken Thornsley, NASA.
- Shuttle Landing 2 - space shuttle Atlantis a few seconds before landing under clear blue sky, seen from front left. Picture by Tom Farrar, NASA.
- Shuttle Landing 3 - main gear touchdown as space shuttle Discovery lands on Earth, seen from front right. Picture by Kevin O'Connell, NASA.
- Shuttle Landing 4 - space shuttle Discovery a few seconds before landing under clear blue sky, seen from the start of the landing runway. Picture by Kevin O'Connell, Scott Haun, NASA.
- Shuttle Landing 5 - space shuttle Discovery approaches landing, seen from front right under clear sky. Picture by Kenny Allen, NASA.
- Space Shuttle Lift Off 1 - space shuttle Atlantis heading up to space in clear blue sky, seen from left a few seconds after lift-off. Picture by KSC.
- Space Shuttle Lift Off 2 - space shuttle Atlantis lift off, seen from right. Picture by KSC.
- Space Shuttle Lift Off 3 - space shuttle Discovery heading up to space on a pillar of fire after lift-off, seen from below under clear dark blue sky. Picture by KSC.
- Space Shuttle Lift Off 4 - space shuttle Endeavour lifts off over a huge bright flame, seen from across the lake with the flame reflected in the water. Picture by Jared Scott, USAF.
- Last Shuttle Lift Off - the space shuttle Atlantis lifts off from Kennedy Space Center for the last time during NASA's final space shuttle mission on July 8, 2011, seen from left just as the shuttle ascends over the launch pad. Picture by Chad J. McNeeley, USN.
- Space Shuttle - the space shuttle Discovery, attached on the back of a 747 transport aircraft flying it to museum after being retired from active service after 39 space flights, seen from below right. Picture by Jason M. Graham, USN.
- Earthrise 2 - the rising half Earth, bright blue and white, over the surface of the moon below, seen from the Apollo 8 spacecraft as it circled the moon. Picture by NASA.
- Man on the moon - astronaut Buzz Aldrin walks on the surface of the moon during the Apollo 11 mission, the 1st manned landing on the moon. Picture by NASA.
- Hurricane from space - a large Hurricane storm, seen from space. Picture by NASA.
- Delta II lift off - a Delta II rocket climbing up in the clear blue sky, lifting a satellite to orbit. Picture by Heather R. Shaw, USAF.
- Shuttle Landing 6 - the space shuttle Atlantis touches down on the runway at Kennedy Space Center, seen from right. Picture by NASA.
- Spacewalk - an astronaut floats freely in space, high above the cloud covered ocean below. Picture by NASA.
- Earth's horizon - the wonderful blue color of Earth's sun lit horizon and ocean as seen from the International Space Station, with the space shuttle Endeavour docked to it. Picture by NASA.
- International Space Station - the International Space Station orbiting over Earth as seen from a nearby space shuttle. Picture by NASA.
- Shuttle in space - close up of the sun lit nose and cockpit of the space shuttle Endeavour in space orbit high above the big blue ocean. Picture by NASA.
- Land of Fire - tierra del Fuego, the 'Land of Fire' at the southernmost tip of South America, as seen from space, almost entirely covered with bright sun lit snow. Picture by NASA.
- Shuttle on Jumbo Jet - the space shuttle Endeavour on top of a modified Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet which flies it back to Kennedy Space Center, Florida for its next space flight. Picture by D. Keith Simmons, USN.
- Moon lander - The moon lander spacecraft, seen from above while maneuvering in space, high above the ocean, during the test flights before the 1969 journey to the Moon.
Pictures list color code legend:
Fit for your device's screen shape and size. Fit for use as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but somewhat smaller than its size. May still look good and sharp as wallpaper.
Fit for your screen's shape but too small in size to fit well as wallpaper.
No precise fit for your screen' shape, but you can still click to see the picture.
Back to Main page